When we, Lyndsay and Annemarie, started out with conscious.cleaning, we made a couple of promises. Such as, there are no maximum days of holidays that you can take (wieoeeeeeee at first, but later we learned that this job “never ends” we just never want to fully switch off).
But more importantly for our product, we are never ever going to make concessions that would put finance over the environment. With that we mean for every single part of our process, including the product, packaging and even flyering, it would all either be made of already recycled materials, easy to be recycled and either infinitely recyclable or long lasting
And that is how we got to work, and it that we are so proud to say that we have these golden standards
Packaging, our top 10!:
- Plastic Free
- Labels on our tins, made of wood pulp (see these beauts shine)
- The tape is gummed with glue made of…yes PLANTS
- The storage tins and bottles the ultimate recycle buddy
- Our cardboard boxes are made of recycled cardboard
- Our paper and labels, are made of recycled craft-paper
- The labels on our tins are made of wood pulp and 100% compostable (and last for around 1 year, after which you get a free set!)
- The tape we use, is compostable, and the glue (that we activate on the spot with a wet cellulose sponge) is plant-based
- Our tins, and spray bottles are made of aluminium, hence the ultimate recycle buddy
Compostable, has a more positive character, this friend breaks down - also down into carbon dioxide, water and inorganic compounds and biomass is about 90 days (equals 3 monthly pay checks, one season and around 90 weekends) Still long, or short depending on what you compare it with (long when holding your breath, short when going on a world trip - by bike off course)
And recycled, well that means to treat or process already existing materials to be reused.
So next time, you are about to buy something, consider the package, it does make a difference!